2011年10月9日 星期日

Weirdo

I just read the newest issue of National Geographic
Which left me in doubts about the fact that I am a teenager.

I DON'T like taking risks
I don't party all night
I don't know how to drive
I have never dated before
Nor had a crush
Nor had a tattoo
Nor had a piercing
Not even on my ears
Probably due to the fact that I dont think there's any point to doing stuff that
Can pose harm to my body and most probably shorten my lifespan
I don't smoke I don't drink
Nor do I plan to
I don't like to go out much
I'd much prefer to sit in a coffee shop drinking dark mocha and reading a book
Or staying at home
Or watching movies whether at a cinema or friend's house
Then to roam about shopping malls with nothing to do

That sounds like a pretty boring life, doesn't it?
Well. It lacks the essence of a typical teenage life
If you compare it to whatever you read in the books, watch in the movies or stated in the article
Well. The best explanation I can come up with is only that
1. Due to the difference in western and Asian culture
2 I'm a goody two shoes
The second explanation seems to be more prominent although the first explanation works too
Ah well.
I'm sure I'm still a teenager, as I have the typical teenage syndromes of being hotheaded, negative, horrible mood swings,ignorant
So am I lucky that I only exhibit half of the typical teenager symptoms?
Or am I missing out in the golden ages of teens where you are suppose to have done outrageous things that will become wonderful memories in years to come?
Well. Who cares.
I'll live my teenage years the way I want it
Uniquely me.

沒有留言: