2012年12月27日 星期四
Entertainment galore!
Their a Capella rendition of Just the way you are/ Just a dream caught me.
I just had to watch the movie, despite being put off by Anna Kendricks acting in the trailer and the seemingly, heroine driven plot of the story that is SO, not to my taste.
Well, the music was absolutely worth listening to, and Anna Kendricks acting is just like what the trailer suggests. Stiff. Rigid. Her character is arrogant and stubborn, but that's alright. It actually increased the movie's value since imperfect characters are my favorite ( Sorry, I just can't accept perfect people with bees buzzing around them constantly. Makes me jealous. Ha, just kidding). For the heroine driven plot, it actually wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. As mentioned, her character is flawed, and the other characters all have their moment to shine too, especially Fat Amy, who is probably the real star of the show.
The fact that she calls herself "fat" is funny enough, and combined with her laugh-inducing lines all throughout the movie, Fat Amy makes a wonderful and memorable character. I always roll in laughter when she appears in the screen. No need to mention of course, that most of the quotes from the movie comes from her.
She isn't the only comical person, of course. There's also the weird Asian girl who looks like a goldfish. Non of whatever she says is audible, and she creeps me out with her wide, wide eyes. Her most epic line: " I ate my twin in the womb."
Come to think of it, the entire film was actually very hilarious. Lots of ridiculous bits in it ( the barfing part!) but they all fit into the plot perfectly. Lots of witty lines as well, with nothing taken too seriously. It seems to aptly capture the atmosphere of an exciting college life ( if that is what it is) together with all the drinking, partying, music, friends, fighting... It is a tiny bit intimidating, really. I wonder if it will really be this way there? It is a future that I shall soon face, and I sure hope that it will be as fun as the film depicts. And that I would meet someone as fun as Jesse ( fangirling!) or, someone as weird as Fat Amy ( hmm...).
Pitch Perfect, all to the college experience!
訂閱:
張貼留言 (Atom)


沒有留言:
張貼留言