2014年1月25日 星期六

Communication

I think that's the key. Having searched for so long the essence of communication, I think the crux of connecting with others is sharing. Telling others your problems, your stories and your daily encounters, and then listening patiently to theirs. It involves bringing your dilemmas to others to be solved together instead of wrecking your brain in desire to resolve the issue by yourself.

How did I never notice that?

Maybe because that action has always left me the feelings if I were troubling another, that others are uninterested in listening to my trivial problems. Who had time for others when they themselves were riddled with frustrations of their own? Yet it didn't seem so here- everybody is so ready to share their feelings and seek for opinions. Rather alarming on the level of openness and tendency to chatter incessantly, but still rather sweet and in many cases, helpful.

I've noticed how my suitemates, especially my roommate connect with others. She always takes time to talk to others, even in expense of her own already scarce time. They all share with each other little details of their lives, talking even when they've got pressing deadlines. I admire that, and I'm trying to learn that quality.

The problem is, I find myself inherently uninteresting at times.

It's as if I don't have any interesting stories to share, I'm not funny, nor do I have exciting conversation topics to contribute. Am I that boring? Sometimes I think not, sometimes I'm convinced of my dreariness.

I guess that's a reason I'm enticed by the art of storytelling. Just the idea of sitting around a bonfire, telling stories of our lives, or sitting in a library filled with people of distinct backgrounds and passions sharing openly their ideals and principles of life seem so inviting.

The definition of friendship used to be an indistinguishable goo in the past, but I daresay it's getting untangled gradually.

Soon, it shall see sunshine and the blue sky!

沒有留言: