It's dangerous, but I always have failure in the forefront of my thoughts. Whenever I'm handed an an article to write, there's always this comforting thought at the back of my mind that whispers: "It's alright if your sources refuse to answer your calls, you can just tell your editor that the story failed, and it's none of your fault."
How delusional that thought is!
Why isn't it my fault? Of course it is my fault. There are so many different methods to procure information now- failure to seek for even one contact is shameful. I know that myself, but that whispering devil just wants to make me hide from the truth and find excuses.
I realize that whenever it comes to asking favors from others, I fail horribly. Right now I"m lost in writing my article- they aren't responding to me at a rate that I would like, I don't know who I should look for, and the information is scattered everywhere. How should I summarize it all, extract the essence from the bulk of data and present an enticing angle?
Just the data itself is boring to me.
What should I do?
I hate failures.

沒有留言:
張貼留言