2014年1月25日 星期六

I feel so stupid

I guess it's a good thing that I'm learning new things here in university.

As my history professor told me, "Isn't that the point of college?"

I was telling him about my visit to the museum of history and the state capitol, where I saw ex- confederate soldiers step out in full uniform to celebrate their old general's birthday. He laughed, remarked on how they seem to be of another era, joked about the United States being the only place where people still celebrate birthdays of traitors and talked about the Chancellor's poorly written e- mail response to the athletic scandal.

Now, I am not a smart girl who is too informed about history. For instance, I know the the old confederate general Robert E. Lee is a hero, but not a traitor. What did he mean by his supposed joke? Nor have I read the chancellor's e-mail at that time, so I didn't actually know how to respond.

So I did what ignorant people do. I laughed and pretended that I knew.

How horrible it is to discover the extent of your limitations! Sitting in my sustainability class gives me that precise feeling of inferiority- why were these students so clued in about the details of zoning and environment related technology? I am still a layman's term user!

Journalism class is worst. How did they know so much about different companies and have so much experience in everything? Have they lived ten years longer than me? What have I been doing all my life? Wasting it on wasteful things?

Most probably.

Anyhow,recognizing my deficiency should be the first step to unlocking a larger realm of knowledge. There's no space to feel inferior here.

Just keep pushing forwards, girl!


沒有留言: