I can finally see the clearing after this long walk in this intense, gloomy forest. Glimpses of the blue sky and sunshine flood me with torrents of hope, relief and joy. That thick excuse of a forest almost had me choking to death, strangled by all those twining vines, treacherous pits and overwhelming sorrow. There was too much resonance of ideas back there, and it scares me. Imagine, if I continued in that path, the possibility of ending up just like them, those sad souls.
Oh. The death count rose to four.
Impatience brought me to flip over to the last few pages of the novel, something i've been trying to keep from doing. But for this book, yes, I'll forgive myself because that glimmer of hope I saw back there gave me the courage to continue reading. I couldn't understand, at first, why the author had to create stories of such sadness and gloom. What's the use of making your readers get lost in your dark disturbing world? It's hard to say whether or not this society exists in the real world, so for it to be a depiction of the society now can be a little irrelevant sometimes.
But he's probably working his magic on me, isn't he? I used to think that whatever the protagonists thought and acted were no harm, they were normal, it was the society's fault. That they were justified to live that way. Then the story plunged deep into darkness, pulling me along with it. Depressed, I could only hope for a positive outcome, an outstretched helpful arm, love, care, and all that shit that I detest in novels. No, their behaviors were wrong. The way they were living could only lead to destruction. I want to be normal, I want a happy ending, I want the author to have mercy on his characters. I wouldn't have minded if some cheesy elements were added.
The fog has been lifted, my anxiety gone. It's the first time I've hoped for a nice, cliche ending in a novel. The read? Definitely worth it.
Next, we need to talk about Kevin!!! :)

沒有留言:
張貼留言