2013年1月2日 星期三

To never awaken from a deep slumber

I think twice before taking a nap. Somehow there's this switch malfunctioning in me that disables the bodily alarm clock when I fall asleep. I just can't wake up, no matter how much I force myself to. I try to open my eyes but they are so tightly shut that hallucinations even begin to dawn on me. I don't know if my eyes are shut or opened, and whether the scene I'm seeing is real. Sometimes I suspect that I'm just dreaming that I'm awake. At times of confusion like these, I forcefully open my eyes and try to stand up. It doesn't work, because I stand up, but the eyelids are just so heavy that they will only stay open for half a second. Then comes the confusion again. I don't know if I'm really standing up or was that just in my dream? In the end, I just give up and continue to sleep.

The way my subconscious mind controls me is terrifying.

Walking between the realms of consciousness and dreams.

沒有留言: