2012年3月15日 星期四

Incompetance

Being catapulted into the English world after living in the Chinese cocoon can be pretty frightening. You don't know how frequent it is that I have retrieval failure of various English phrases, grammatical errors in my conversations and basically sounding awfully Malaysian in my pronunciation. Yeah, blame it on my education, you may say. But it's the truth, isn't it? I've been speaking, studying, reading, thinking and even dreaming in Chinese for eleven years now, with higher intensity during the high school years. One cannot expect such immediate smooth transition, I suppose. It's irritating. The fact that the words seem so familiar but still gets stuck somewhere in my thick head. So how am I suppose to pursue the journalism path, which requires a firm grasp( wait. MORE then firm.) of the language, especially of writing? Ah well. Practice makes perfect? I shall have a lot of work to do, putting more effort into it then others. The Chinese language system has to be shut down temporary so it wouldn't interrupt the loading of English.

Please forgive my imperfect english until then.
Don't laugh?
Or doubt.
Or condemn.
I'm trying my best here!

沒有留言: