Someone called me on the phone today. It seemed so reminiscent of the old times when I would be trying to convince someone to stay, to get along with their leaders, to accept the truth, to have confidence...
That all takes a lot of communication skills, doesn't it? Sad to say, I sucked at it. I don't think I helped them much, however much they said I did. Their problems are still present, I haven't succeeded fully in alleviating it. Maybe because all these actually depend much upon their own perseverance and well-being. I'm just a passer-by in their life, trying to help, ain't I?
I told her what I thought was right, and I hope she gets it. It's not easy to convince or persuade someone, especially when they're down and confused. Life gets tough in several ways, especially when you take this road. I understand all the pain that they are going through and feel guilty when I tell them it'll all be okay. Will it? It all depends on one's view of life, doesn't it? I've decided to be an optimist, to try and make the best out of every situation instead of sulking at a corner. It's the hard road to take, but one that gives plenty of opportunities to learn new experiences. Whatever used to be despised, becomes one's greatest asset in the future.
I'll never regret taking that path now. Yes, I sacrificed a whole lot for it, even precious time that could be spent on friends. Yes, it contributed to me failing every subject in form 4. But through that, I gained more, I'll always believe that.
Let's hope this optimist persists then!

沒有留言:
張貼留言