2012年8月31日 星期五

Churning, pending, patience, frustration.

Maybe I'm just not fit to be in any language courses. I'm not talented in that area, much less an expertise in any spoken or written language. There's no clear slot for each of them in my mind, they get jumbled up all the time. What's so good about being multilingual? I get so frustrated every time a certain word can't be omitted from that huge archive of words inside my memory when I'm in desperate need for it. Everything in my life has to be labelled with a word, described with a phrase, explained with a sentence. Weird as it is, this helps the control freak in me get a sense of control and clear direction in life. I can't function without words! So that only goes to show how lack of vocabulary affects my emotional well being.

Oh thou Chinese and Malay, can you stay out of English's way? Let it through and save me from all that anxiety.

Talking about control freaks, I think mine is gradually dominating my life. Everything is revolving around me, me and me only, self possessed, self obsessed, lost, trying desperately to get ahold of the steering wheel, which is spinning around madly, too fast for me to hold onto, the ship heads into abyss, everything is thrown off board.

沒有留言: