2012年2月12日 星期日

Financial planning

I have a RM200 book voucher to spend, but I don't know where to use it on. What books are worth the splurge? It's not everyday that you get free money to spend on your favourite things. This is going to be a hard decision.

The money is actually meant for us to spend on buying our textbooks, but frankly, I find it sad to use it on them. It's not like I even need to bring any textbooks to school, they're more for self- studying. For the current semester, I only need two textbooks, of which one I already bought prior to getting the voucher. So that leaves me with one more textbook to go. Unfortunately, these all colored shiny pages 200+ pages of books are NOT cheap. The last time I heard, it costs approximately RM 90! That means I'll only be left with about RM100 to spend! That is NOT a big sum, seeing the price of all the books now.

Is it worth it to spend on textbooks that frankly, I may never touch again after this semester?

I need to buy Psychology.
oh. SAT workbooks?
I want BILL BRYSON! DEAR OH DEAR WHY ARE YOUR BOOKS PRICEY
Malcolm Gladwell seems like an interesting author.
John Grisham! Jodie Picoult made me interested in LAW. And the good wife, of course.
How about a book on reporting, writing? Learn how to write 101?
Garr. I'm going to try and tackle Charles Dickens.
Not to mention To kill a mockingbird.
Kazuo Ishigaro, you leave me with too many choices.

See?

沒有留言: