2012年2月17日 星期五

Interviews

I just went through the first interview of my life. As a first-time rookie reporter playing the interviewer, I wasn't even terrified or nervous before that. Maybe it was because of fatigue or overconfidence, I didn't even think about the possibilities of awkward silences occurring.

Resulting in, the exact thing happening.

It wasn't our fault, really. Me and my partner, we were both trying our best to chat her up, coming out with questions spontaneously out of the list. Maybe because our questions were cliche and mundane so she didn't pay much attention to us, or that she is too much preoccupied over her work. I could see that she was a busy person, with calls on hold for her all the time and appointments at every hour.

Well, fortunately we did get all that we wanted, although the answers were quite standard. I think that would be predictable to avoid getting into trouble. Better be safe then sorry, especially around two freshies who are naive. I was disappointed, truth to say. I was expecting someone more charismatic, someone with the artistic flair and passion while speaking. Of course, this is an impossible wish as high0profile people are busy every second. But at least, someone who will give answers that are unpredictable and bring revelation? Or it was just our questions that were lame.

I did learn new things and gained experiences for interviews of the future.
1. Dare to speak out, ask questions. Otherwise you won't get what you want.
2. Clarify everything that you are going to do to avoid misunderstandings.
3. Learn how to express opinions and questions so as to not waste time.
4. Learn how to communicate, make small talk so that the atmosphere wouldn't be too rigid.
5. Prepare beforehand list off questions, extra ones that can be used in the case of too much extra time.
6.once again, be outspoken. That is what a good journalist requires.

沒有留言: