2012年2月29日 星期三

Interviewed

This time, I'm the person being interviewed. I think I came off a bit as too cocky. I hope that they weren't too offended. There were two people being interviewed in the same room, with two panels of interviewers at opposite sides. Mine was a gentle looking guy flanked by two fierce looking girls by his side. I didn't notice what the other panel of "judges"( they certainly seem so) look like but that person has a loud and demanding voice. So much so that it distracted me from listening to whatever my interviewer was saying. My friend was sitting behind me being interviewed by that commando-tone person. Surprisingly, she said that she kept being distracted by MY voice. Lol!

That guy was quite friendly, speaking to me in a non-commanding tone ( unlike the other...). But the two girls beside him creep me out a tad bit. All they do is stare at you occasionally and scribble away ferociously at their blank piece of paper. I did peek at their writings when that guy is flipping his papers. Couldn't get a thing, except that it looked like a list. Hmm.

Their rules seem quite strict, but I wonder if they will really carry it out. They asked if I disobeyed any of the rules, was I willing to take any form of punishment? Well. I actually said that it depends. And agreed that I would dance on the streets if I was late. Not. They asked some pretty weird questions indeed, something like if you get chosen, how will you change and sort. But if I haven't even experienced it, how would I know? hmmm. Just answered what I HOPE to change. That's why I said that I probably came off as a bit too arrogant.

I do realise that I have problems when asked to give opinions or spontaneuosly give a speech. My words get jumbled up, repetitive words continuosly surface and I don't get to my point. I need more practice for that! It's not easy to convey a point straight from your head without any preparation. The listener will have to do some organizing of their own to actually understand my main points.

Next sem, public speaking. hope I won't jumble up then!

沒有留言: